Thursday, April 22, 2010

Favorite Cheap Dinner

Pasta with Rabe


This is one of our favorite dinners because it is yummy, cheap, and easy. Whenever the grocery store has broccoli rabe on sale usually 99 cents or even 88 cents I buy it. I buy my pasta on sale and can get a box for 79 centers or 89 cents. I use one boneless skinless chicken breast.


I cook the pasta and rinse the rabe cutting it to pieces. About a minute or two after the pasta has started to cook I add the rabe. Cook until the noodles are done and the drain everything. Stir-fry the cut up chicken. Then add the pasta and rabe with some garlic or as in our case lots of garlic with a bit of olive oil. Serve with some parmesan cheese. So for about $2.50 we have a delicious dinner. Sometimes I even use whole wheat pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...