Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sewing my way to China

The other day I was in Goodwill. I know I just posted about my thrift store find but this was a different day and a different store. I found a huge and I mean huge bag of thread. I looked at it and since there was quite a bit of Coats thread which is what I like I decided to buy it. When I was checking out the lady commented on the huge bag of thread (it was about the size of a grocery bag) and said "that is enough thread you could sew your way to China." I laughed because we would like to go back this fall and we are trying to save money for that and actually I do have a few sewing jobs that will give me a bit of money which will help.

So I am sewing my way to China. I have the fabric and the thread. Now I need to just sew. I did make it a goal to sew at least one seam every day for the month of August. My current project is a jean quilt that I pieced and am now machine quilting as well as a few "I spy" placemats, a table runner, some grocery bags, some machine quilting, and the list goes on.

As I sew this next month, I will keep track of it and share pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Looking forward to seeing pictures. Maybe I'll order some and have you mail them as gifts.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...