Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ahoy, Mateys

Today is talk like a pirate day. My husband and son were excited as they have been reading Treasure Island. I didn't really plan far enough in advance to have a good pirate breakfast then again I am not sure that enough time would have helped me have a good pirate breakfast. We had piratecakes aka pancakes.

Here is the happy pirate.

We did listen to Patch the Pirate this morning. We also have a pirate self photo.

So I guess now would be a good time to look ahead and plan what special activities happen in the next few weeks.

September 22 - First day of fall. Since I took the kids to Rita's on the first day of spring maybe I should take them on the last day of summer.

September 26 - Johnny Appleseed's birthday -- also our anniversary and the day we met J

1st full week in October is Get Organized week - I think the problem is they only give a week for that.

Wednesday of the 1st full week - Walk to School day - hmm we walk to school everyday

Week of October 9 Fire Prevention Week - that will be the week we fulfill the requirement to talk about fire safety

October 2 - National Peanuts Day as in the comic strip

October 10 - Stamp collecting month and also Double Ten

October 12 - Columbus Day

October 22 - Pretzel Day

October 28 - My birthday

The ideas for celebrations come from the book Every Day a Holiday by Silvana Clark except for my birthday which comes courtesy of my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...