Monday, January 24, 2011

Yellow and Red

For many years I lived in the city. It was during that time that I discovered how much I loved bright bold colors. I don't necessary wear bright bold colors. I don't necessarily decorate with bright bold colors but I still love them. I love finding some bright bold colors for accent.

I don't remember where it was but I found these red prints. I loved them and purchased a half yard bundle. I wasn't sure what I was going to do but loved the fabric (we are not going to talk about how much fabric I have falls into that category). Then I discovered that the same print was in yellow. So I bought some yellow to go with it. This is Blank Fabric.

In the Summer 2009 issue of Better Homes and Gardens Quilts and more there was this pattern. It was called Fresh Vanilla and shown in tan and white prints. I thought this would work as it was big blocks and would allow you to see the fabric. It was very easy to make. It took 2 days and I was doing other things those 2 days. The biggest task was piecing the backing and getting everything even (which I know didn't happen). I am not going to attempt to quilt this myself.

No, I don't know what I am going to do with this once it is quilted.



That used 10 yards from my fabric stash. Only 10,000 more yards to use (not really probably a few less).

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...