Thursday, March 15, 2012

Quilt Show

My mom won two tickets to the quilt show. This was my first time to attend a quilt show. I have enjoyed wandering through some of the quilt shops locally and looking at the quilts. This was a new experience for me.

I didn't take a quilted bag to put my purchases in. Lots of people there had a quilted tote that they were carrying. Even without my quilt tote I had a good morning.

This was one of my favorite quilts. I tend to like the pieced quilts more than the art quilts.



I liked the bold colors and look on this quilt. I like the look of applique. I did one heart for a quilt and that was the last hand applique item I have done.

This was an amazing use of color. I like the color but the swirls is not something I really like. It makes my eyes start to swirl.

This quilt has a bit of piecing and also some applique.

Then my camera batteries died. I tried to get some pictures with my iTouch.

There were a number of vendors there. I bought a little gadget that is supposed to help make neat, crisp mitered corners. I learned a bit last year with all the quilts that I made. I would like to improve my corners. There were some fabric vendors but I didn't buy any fabric. I know that is hard to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...