Friday, November 7, 2014

Week in Review - 7 November

We are back to school after a four week break. We had three weeks of traveling and it took us a week to get back to our routine and schedule.

So what have we done this week? To quote Miss K, "good question."

History - We are continuing in Mystery of History Vol 3. I think I need to add some fun learning activities. Today we read about Raphael.

Geography - We are continuing in Africa. We did some map tracing this week and I was impressed with Miss K's tracing. I give her some of the same things that I give J and see what she can do with it.

After four weeks of not much learning, I have to say I was impressed with what Miss K was remembering with Math. We reviewed 0, 1, and 2 addition facts and she knows them. She has odd and even numbers down. We are still working on counting to 100 but that is slowly coming. She can count by 10's and 2's. I guess it is time to add the 5's in there. I did pull out the CC song for the 2's and that really helped her.


In other events this week, we went to the community bonfire on Wednesday evening celebrating Guy Fawkes Day.

I have been able to get my 15 minutes a day of binding sewing. I am making progress. Sometimes just a little bit of time every day will make more progress than a big chunk of time because a big chunk of time is hard for me to find.

That is about all from here. It was a rainy and cold day. I think we are all still adjusting to the short days.

Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Winter seems to have come, this week. I like your idea of spending a few minutes a day on a project. I've been trying to do this with my knitting although some days have been more successful than others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah. It's like we skipped autumn and went straight to winter. We have our wood burner alight every night now, which is very warm and cosy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...