Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Afternoon at the Museum

I am trying to add more outings into our week. I am going to try to get school done in four days and then have a day for an outing. I decided an easy outing today would be one of the local museums. I wanted to go there as they were having an exhibit on World War I. I think there are a number of museums that have special exhibits as it is 100 years since the beginning of the war.


We learned that here in our city there was an elephant that helped haul the wagons around. I didn't even know about Lizzie.


One thing I have come to love about the museums here and the historic sites is the fact that they are so kid friendly. There was some dress-up clothing and Miss K was able to dress like a Victorian parlour maid. I offered to get her a dress to wear at home.


There was a section with old toys. It is always fun to look and see if you recognise anything. I do enjoy looking at old toys except this left me laughing and feeling old. Do you see the Fisher-Price house, the one with the yellow roof. My mom has one of those in her family room for the grandkids to play with. I don't even think that goes back to when I was a kid.


There was a nice exhibit on polar lands. Again one of the fun features was a foam igloo to build.


It was a bit tricky but we were able to do it.


The museum is not that large. It was a fun time and a place we will want to go back and visit again.


Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of an outing day. I'm sure my older children played with a Fisher Price house which looked very similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun outing! My son would love it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...