Friday, December 12, 2014

Week in Review 12 December 2014

We got our tree up this week. I can check that off the list. This morning I realised I have not finished my shopping and have no clue what we will eat Christmas Day and I really need to plan that. All the grocery delivery slots are booked so it will mean a trip to the store. The Christmas cards are not finished. I need to get busy.

This afternoon my husband and I sat down with Amazon and did our gift buying. I still need to go to the toy store and pick up a gift and buy stocking stuffers but the pressure if off. I made a menu so I can make my grocery list. We are not being tradition as we are skipping the turkey and brussel sprouts. This evening I made 25 cards so I think we might be ready for Christmas.

That was today. What did we do the rest of the week.

History -- we made it to Henry VIII. I did get a request for the kings and queen song. We read about Henry VIII and then remembered our visit to Hampton Court.


This is what the table looked this week during school. In my mind things are always neat and put away but reality is everything is on the table.


We did find some time to play a game. Hexagon Continuo is a game that I found at a thrift store. I miss the thrift stores in American. There are no instructions so we made up our own rules. I lost. Maybe I need to write new rules.

This time we just matched colour. I think we decided based on looking at the box that you can match colour or number.


Miss K loves Annie. Daddy downloaded Annie to his Kindle so she can read the story. She loves reading on the Kindle.


We saw snow flakes twice this week. I heard lots of yelling and wondered what was happening. They were supposed to be starting school. I knew the excitement was not because they were starting school rather it was the snow flakes. Nothing has stayed which is fine with me.

We have one more week of school and then we will take a bit of a break. In that week we need to fit in a birthday as well. J turns 14 this week.

I am hoping to go to a Christmas market and J is hoping to see the Hobbit movie. Miss K has ballet. I think that is about all for this week.

Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love reading about your week. December birthdays are tough to fit in. We have two, and one in Nov. and another in Jan. Happy Birthday to J! Tell him we said he is a handsome young man, and what a blessing of a brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week at your house. Our table looks like that ALL the time! I wonder if that will change when I'm not homeschooling next year. Enjoy this next week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...