Thursday, April 30, 2015

Therapy Thursday #11



I think the most success that I have with therapy is to work it into our daily routine and day and to be organised with activities.

Today we pulled out the Play-doh for therapy. There really is so much that you can do with Play-doh.


I like to have the kids work on cookie sheets. It keeps things contained and doesn't mark the table. We have some old cookies sheets that we use just for this purpose.


We made snakes. Some were fat and some were skinny. Some were short and some were long but they all used our finger muscles to form them.


Even squeezing the Play-doh can be good therapy. This particular container had a nice feel to it. I even squeezed it and rolled it.


We used scissors and cut the Play-doh. As I did some of these things, I realised just how it does exercise your hand and fingers.

That was therapy for today. Miss K enjoyed it and has fond memories of her therapy centre in the US so she asked for therapy again tomorrow. I guess I need to have some things organised.

I am at a point of evaluating if I will continue with Therapy Thursday. I will think about it for the next week or so. If you have thoughts, please let me know.



Beth
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I really have enjoyed reading about your at home therapy activities. I am sorry that I have not linked up but we don't do much therapy any more.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...