Tuesday, October 6, 2015

September Review

The days are getting shorter, the leaves are beginning to fall, it is cooler outside, and time for enjoying soup. Today was carrot and coriander, one of my favourites. September is gone and it is October. So what happened in September.

The exciting event in September was my mom's visit. She was here for nine days and we enjoyed showing her our life here as well as a day trip to London. Miss K is still talking about the pancakes that Grandma made.


My mom and I worked on some projects while she was here. We went through the box of unfinished projects and put a border on the Good Night Moon quilt -- now I need some batting and then to quilt it. We bought fabric for binding for another quilt --now I need to finish the border and then quilt that one. The big project was piecing the t-shirt quilt.


It is nice and big and will keep him warm on our cool autumn evenings. I took it to be quilted. Once that is done I will need to sew the binding on and when that is done I can take it off the unfinished projects list.


In addition to my mom coming to visit we had another friend and her children visit for a few days. It was a fun few days of children playing, climbing rocks, playing games and enjoying being with friends.

We did go for a short walk in the peak with my mom and we went to the rocks and played hide and seek. I think we need to find some new walking places.

I am continuing to sort through things and reduce the number of things we have. It is a battle. I went through my clothing and everything is nice and neat at this time.

I have been working on scrapbooking. I am getting caught up and while I am working on those projects, I am sorting through my supplies.

I think that is about all the happened in September.

Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...