Monday, February 1, 2016

Hosting a Tea

Most Sundays our church hosts a tea for international students. We are involved with the international student ministry and so we have hosted the tea a few times. The first time I hosted I did have to ask what kind of tea this is -- is it a tea with sandwiches and little foods or is this an evening meal. Here where we live the evening meal is called, "tea". It is sandwiches and finger foods. I was told I could add American food.

We hosted the international tea yesterday. It is always a bit uncertain of how many people will come. I wanted enough food but not too much.

I made Snickerdoodles which are rolled in cinnamon sugar. I also made pumpkin muffins -- with cinnamon in them. A friend told me that British use more ginger in their baking and Americans use cinnamon. I guess I proved that true yesterday.


I made chicken salad, egg salad and put fruit and nuts on the table. Someone brought some scones with butter and raspberry jam. I used some of my dishes that my mom and I bought when we went to Stoke-on-Trent. Some are some dishes that I have had and brought with us.


We had a few students and had a nice time visiting with them. We had a few leftovers which didn't last long.

Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...