Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Sunya Publishing - TOS Review

Sometimes you just need a new way to make learning math fun or with Miss K maybe a new way to try to learn math facts. I was eager to review and play Sunya - The Magic and Wonder of Math and Science Adding & Subtracting from Sunya Publishing.

Math and Science {Sunya Publishing Review}

Sunya Publishing has two games that they are developing -- adding & subtracting and a multiplication & division one. We received the adding and subtracting game which included playing cards, guidebook, number line, and math and science riddle cards. This game is for ages 7 and up. I was impressed with the quality of the cards.


Sunya is a word from Sanskrit, which means empty or void of any quantity. The idea of the game is to empty your hand of cards and then you say, "Sunya".

I found the instructions a bit confusing. There were photos along with the written instructions, but it might have been too detailed and long. I ended up just following the rules a bit and then working with what Miss K could do. I did find that it was easy to adapt the game to her playing level.

We began with an addition number sentence and then took turns changing the addition number sentence based on the cards that we had in our hand. I think one game I had to pull and pull a few cards which gave me lots of cards to pick from when it was my turn but made it easy for Miss K to win and say, "Sunya".


The wild card confused Miss K a bit so at times I pulled those out just to avoid the confusion. I had her read the math fact to me just to practice math facts.


The guidebook also includes some ideas for math activities for younger children.

The game is still in development and not yet available for sale, hopefully soon. I think it is a good concept and just needs a bit of work in simplifying the instructions.

You can read reviews from other who used either this game or the multiplication & division game.

Math and Science {Sunya Publishing Review}

Crew Disclaimer

Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...