Thursday, October 6, 2016

Sea Glass




Recently while we were on holiday at the beach. One of the things I enjoyed was walking the beach and collecting sea glass. Sea glass is made from broken glass that floats in the sea, is tossed in the waves, and pounded on the sand. It begins broken and jagged. It is trash. In the end after all that happens the waves and storms of the sea, it is smooth and beautiful.

What is broken becomes beautiful through the storms of the sea.

The same is true in our spiritual lives. The broken areas could be just not being whole, unfulfilled dreams, or financial struggles. We feel broken of no use but through the storms God is refining. He is making us beautiful and useful. Don't be discouraged if it seems like it is taking time. Refining takes time. As I walked the beach, I picked up some pieces that needed more time, the edges were still rough.

Allow God to take the brokenness of your life and refine it to something beautiful. "The Lord is near to the brokenherted and saves the crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18. In the storms of life remember that the Lord is near. You are not alone.

I enjoyed finding the sea glass and seeing how beautiful it had become. I found it encouraging to see how the storms in my life can be part of what makes me beautiful.

I don't know what storms you are facing but I trust that in those storms you know that God is working and refining you.



Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...