Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Faith Promises - God Hears Us

The introduction to this series can be found here.


When I lived in Asia, I would often walk past temples or see god shelves or see the red lights glowing in a home from the family altars.  I would see people bowing and offering incense or putting food on a table as an offering to the gods. Those gods were made of wood. They could not hear. The people would stand and chat but the idol would not hear. I think seeing that has made me realise the comfort we have in a God who hears our cries.

Sometimes it might seem that God doesn't hear us and we might feel that it has been that way for a long time. In Exodus 2:24-25 it says, "And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. God saw the people of Israel and God knew." (ESV) God heard the groaning of his people. In God's time he acted.

I just finished reading II Samuel as I work through my Bible reading this year. I was again reminded of the struggles and challenges that David had from Saul to his own son.  Knowing David's story helps as you read the Psalms. David is being chased, he is on the run, escaping for his life. David calls out to God I have recently found comfort in reading Psalms. In Psalm 4:3 David says, "the Lord hears when I call to him." (ESV)

The promise that God hears us can be the comfort we need when we feel stuck in a situation that is difficult. It can be the comfort when we feel all alone to work through the problems we face. God hears us.

How is this a comfort to you?
Ha
Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...