Monday, April 10, 2017

Faith Promises - God Never Changes


People change. We change our hairstyles, our hair colour. We change what we like and what we don't like. There was a time that I was a Pepsi gal. Somewhere along the way I changed and Coke was my choice. I am still a Coke girl though I limit it. I changed.

Places change. When I go back to the town I grew up in, I see numerous changes. I remember when the first traffic light came to town and now I can't count how many are there. I remember when it was a cornfield behind my parents' house and now there are houses there. Places change.

When I go home, I realise how much things have changed. Some times it is difficult. I don't remember the way to get from one place to another because the roads have changed. There are new roads that I don't remember. There are new stores.

In the midst of all the changes of live knowing that God never changes is comforting. When we are having those fearful moments of "what if", knowing that God, who revealed himself to us in the Bible, is the same God. There is comfort in unchanging.

The God who worked all things for good in Joseph's life will do the same for each of us today. The God of the Old Testament who lead his people out of the slavery is the same God who today will rescue us. The God who spared the lives of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego will walk through the fire with us. The God who loved the world enough to send his son is still loving us today.

There is comfort in knowing that God never changes.

"For I the LORD do not change;" Malachi 3:6

Cling to that promise. Have faith in God and drive away the fear.

Beth
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I couldn't agree more, if only people will realize the comfort and joy we can have with through life with Christ and realizing the awesome God we have. Thank you for sharing this over at Blogger Spotlight Link Party! Hope to see you again. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...