Thursday, May 11, 2017

Opportunity


Do you see that tray of plants? Do you know what that represents?

Yes, it is an opportunity to add some plants to the front garden which needs some colour and green.

Yes, it is an opportunity to proof that I have a green thumb. That might be a stretch as so far my success rate with plants is one lone lavender plant that has survived for the past few years. I have killed most other plants.

While it is those things, it is much more than that. It is an opportunity to begin a relationship with someone from different background.

I was out for a walk this morning. I was tempted to just keep walking but felt a prompting to pause and just talk. She was working in her garden and so I said, "your flowers are lovely." That lead to an offer of plants that she had in the back. So we went back and she gave me this tray of plants and an offer to come get more.

I am glad I took that opportunity of beginning a relationship.  When is the last time you talked to someone from a different background or different beliefs?

Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...