Friday, September 3, 2010

Broccoli Pizza

Years ago when I was working and went out to lunch everyday or so it seemed, our favorite place to go was a local pizza shop and my favorite pizza to get was broccoli or some days to mix it up I would get spinach. Then my job moved me far from the pizza shop and to a land where pizza toppings included tuna, corn, squid, and a few other things that I didn't even think you could put on pizza but for all the toppings they had they did not have a broccoli or spinach pizza. So it was time to create my own broccoli pizza and this was back in the days before the internet when you would just look up a recipe online because someone has probably posted a recipe.

Thus the beginning of my movie star broccoli pizza. This evening my son wondered if the broccoli pizza was a movie star because I was taking so many pictures of it.

First you saute broccoli with onion (I used red onion today because that is what I had and I had not yet gone to the grocery store) and garlic until it is nice and tender.

Then put a bit of parmesan cheese down, add the broccoli mixture on top.

Add cheese and to quote a friend "mozzarella cheese is the glue that holds love on pizza".

Bake for about 15 minutes at 425 or 450.

Enjoy!

I managed to create a pizza that reminded me of that local pizza shop.

So tell me what is the most strange thing that you have had on pizza or maybe saw on a menu but were not brave enough to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...