Saturday, December 11, 2010

Getting my money's worth out of a pattern

Last year I bought a jumper pattern. I made this jumper for Miss K. I made it big and she is still wearing it.

Then in the spring my mom came for a sewing day and we made these.



My mom got a bit creative on the back.

This was just plain and bright for summer.I had found the main fabric on a remanent bin and thought it was cute. I needed some other fabric to go with it. The top and the small bottom print came from some fabric from a friend at church. I bought just enough of the strip for the bottom.

When my mom came she brought her sewing machine. She got that 46 years ago and has been sewing and creating on that for all these years. I learned to sew on that machine.

I decided to make a jumper for Miss K for Christmas. I had an idea in my head and it just didn't quite work to use the same pattern. I then took a jumper that I had gotten at Goodwill and used it as a pattern but adapted it a bit. I might need to adjust the shoulder straps a bit.



Miss K practiced spinning.

I like this but I am sure I will make a few more out of that other pattern before she outgrows that pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...