Friday, August 12, 2011

What time is it?

Miss K is a visual learner. That seems to be typical for Down Syndrome children. We use flash cards for lots of different things. I stock up on 3x5 cards at Back to School sale and I love Staples 1 cent deal and my teacher rewards card.

In the spring I made some flash cards with the clock and just the different hours time. We started working on those just going through the stack asking, "what time is it?" and Miss K would answer. We usually do it once a day. My goal is for her to recognize the time and tell me what time. Now that she has that down 90% or so. I handed her a clock and asked her to show me 9:00. This requires a bit more work but she was able to do it.

Once I feel we have the hour down then we will throw in half hour. She gets a bit confused on 6:00 and 12:00.

 

1 comment:

  1. Great job, Miss K! We are working on this with Aaron right now. He is doing well with reading digital clock, but having a bit of trouble with analog. I need to dig the clock out of our math stuff and work with him a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...