Saturday, July 7, 2012

End of the Year Wrap-up

We finished our year June 30 though we really didn't do much school that last week. J was at camp and so Miss K and I took a break and worked on some projects around the house. We did mail our year end papers and then at the same time we mailed our paperwork for next year.

Miss K finished the year reading four books. Yeah! She is reading all kinds of things now. She read the menu "cheese or pepperoni pizza". She sits on Daddy's lap while he is working and reads parts of his emails. She tries to read the shopping list and read "cake" instead of "Coke". Guess she prefers cake.

I read 145 books to her this past year. We discovered some fun books thanks to the 1000 Classical book reading list.

We finished Saxon Math K and we began Saxon Math 1. We finished all 100 Lessons of Teach your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. She loved her History for Little Pilgrims and then we finished the year reading other books. We read various science books. She enjoyed looking at the DK First Human Body Encyclopedia. She wants Grammar and spelling because her brother has those things.

I read 56 books to J. I think some of his books were longer and at the same time he read more himself. He read 34 books that were recorded in the reading list. I am sure he read a few more that didn't make it to the list.

He finished Saxon 54 math with a bit of tears. Math is not his favorite subject but we are working on improving that and working on our attitude. He loved diagramming sentences which was new this year. CC Memory Master was his big accomplishment and gave him a good foundation for this year. His writing has improved so much.

I finished my 3rd year of homeschooling. I think I have figured out a bit of what we like and don't like; what works and what doesn't work for us. We are ready for next year. I have written my objectives, send them in, and even received my "have a good year" letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...