Friday, March 14, 2014

Week in Review - March 14, 2014

Happy Pi Day!
We walked to Trader Joe's and brought a blueberry pie because as Bob said, "that is dad's favorite kind."

My husband returned home earlier this week. It is good to have him home. Now if he can just join us in this time zone, jet lag was rough this time.

We are continuing to enjoy signs of spring. We are enjoying seeing some new birds visit our backyard.



We enjoy playing Settlers of Catan and are thankful for friends that will play with us. I discovered someone else around here that likes to play.


The baby dolls were ready to play until the game was interrupted by a big brother who discovered what had happened. I will admit that I counted all the roads, cities, and settlements as I put the game away. Please tell me I am not the only person who is crazy at times and counts all the pieces to toys and games.

Well, in history this week we read about the Black Death, The Forbidden City, and John Wycliffe. As we read about The Forbidden City we remembered our visit. One thing we remember is the heat but we also remember walking up and down the steps, looking at the animals on the roof, and the vast size.


The entrance to The Forbidden City

Bob decided he wants to study French again. We have used Memoria Press' First Start French. We will slowly work our way through that and then look at something else. I think at this time it is still a review course for him. He doesn't want to lose his French.

We are beginning Star Chronicles A Bible-Based Study of the stars.  It is fun learning about the stars and seeing so many parallels to the Bible.



We took a bit of a break on Friday. I just felt like we needed a slow day. Bob and I walked to Trader Joe's just to have some time to talk as our moving date is getting closer. One of the joys of homeschooling is to be able to take the time to reach the heart.

That wraps up our week here. What fun things do you do?

Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. The last photo is so sweet!! Thanks for reminding me about Pi day. There is an after school French club now offered at school but my boys aren't interested. :( Pout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Pi Day! I love all your photos. Your wrap-up makes me happy. I am not all that sure what it is about them that make me happy, but they do. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...