Friday, May 2, 2014

Week in Review - 2 May 2014

Monday started out with a trip to the Apple Store. My power cord was not charging the computer. It was about a 30 minute drive to the mall where there is an Apple Store. It was easy -- walk in, check my computer with a power cord there, swipe my credit card and I have a new power cord.

The kids were excited to be in a mall. Bob thought it was the first time he had been in a mall in England. Miss K was excited to find Build-a-Bear. I told she could go when Auntie Sheila comes.



Miss K spied a sign saying Five Guys is opening soon.



There really are no questions about her eyesight. She was also able to spot the Disney store two floors below. We did make a short visit to the store. Of course, she had a list of 25 or more items that she wanted. I keep telling her we will put it on her birthday list.

We have continued to work on school. The conservatory is great in the morning almost a bit cold but in the afternoon it gets hot in there. Maybe that is the incentive to get up and get school done.

We are going through the Greek Myths and enjoying that. I like have them on CD so we all listen and then talk about the myths.

We have moved to Europe in Geography. Wow! We timed live and school to the same lessons. I really try to take some time to review.  This is just an overview which is fine at this time.

Bob has been working on Keys to Fractions taking a break from his Saxon lessons. He will need to go back and finish Saxon but the extra fraction practice is good as well.

Miss K got the camera. I try to keep it with me while we are doing school so I can at least have it close if I want to take a photo.


The kids discovered the game Frustration and played it.



Some of the normal everyday things that we have been doing include laundry.


That about wraps up our week here. We opened a bank account today so the next thing is to buy a car and find a house to rent.



Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love the laundry picture... it is so colorful and reminds me of summer. Happy! I was surprised to see that there were so many American stores in your mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised about Five Guys! Yes, I want to come visit and go to BaB with Miss K. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...