Thursday, June 26, 2014

I is for Interceding for the innermost being

AKA Praying for the Heart
(Yes, I was struggling to get an I word for this week.)


This is a series that I will begin here in the next few weeks. I am sharing this based on some of my own study. It began as I was praying for my children but I began to realise that it was not only something to pray for my children but for myself, my husband, and others.

God's concern and desires are for our hearts. He does not want just the outward actions but hearts that are surrendered to him. God desires a broken spirit and a contrite heart. (Psalm 51:17) It is the heart that determines our words, actions, behaviours, and so much more. The heart is the inner being from which flows all of life.

Real change comes from a heart that has been changed.

Look for this new series coming soon. 



Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...