Tuesday, November 10, 2015

October in Review

Let's just pretend it is the end of October. Ignore the fact that it really is the 10th which means we are moving towards the middle of November. Allow me to turn back the calendar and review October.

The big event in October was turning 50 or 15 as Miss K says -- she gets her numbers confused. My husband had a slightly surprise party for me.

One of the goals for the year was hospitality combined with being more connected in the community here. Even thought my husband was traveling we were able to have friends over. We had a friend and her children one evening as both of our husbands were traveling. We also had another friend and her children over for a meal while their kitchen was being remodelled. And we hosted the tea for international students. I am not sure how English our tea was but it seemed that people enjoyed themselves.



The kids and I did put on our hiking boots and go for a short walk -- oops that might have been November.

I didn't start any new projects and didn't finish any either. Now is the time to find the Jesse Tree ornaments and see what needs to be done to finish those. I might be able to finish them this year though I have thought that other years.

I had a goal of an outing a month. Just thinking of getting out and exploring the area where we live. Our outing in October was to Hull.

I am continuing to sort through and try to get rid of things. I did some sewing -- sandwich wraps and paperless paper towels which used some fabric. I am doing another sort through school books to see what we can get rid of. I just saw two charity shop donation bags that came through the mail slot so I will see what I can get together for those. Every now and then we get a plastic bag in the mail slot from a charity shop asking for donations. On a specific day they will come by and pick up the bag. You just need to leave it outside and they will collect it. Those are mainly for clothing and other soft things.

I think that is about all that happened in October. Just two months to finish the year. We are looking forward to November and December. We are beginning to plan our Thanksgiving celebration. I was able to find Libby pumpkin and French's onion rings.

I need to start working on Christmas cards and other Christmas projects.

I think that wraps up October. What did you do in October?

Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it is November already! As I get older days seem to go much quicker.
    Happy 50th. I hope you have a wonderful 50th year ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had hospitality in mind as a goal for 2016. My husband works varying shifts so I'm not sure how exactly it will work out but I'm hoping for at least once a month. It's nice to read that someone else has that as a goal too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...