Saturday, December 23, 2017

Fruitful Year - Story Behind The Fruitful Year

Goal Setting Fruit of the Spirit

I wrote a bit earlier this week just beginning to talk about the opportunity to join me in 2018 and making it A Fruitful Year. I wish I had time to sit and chat in person and share my heart and desire with you. Maybe some day I will be brave and do a video but today I am just going to share a bit of the story behind Fruitful Year.

At the end of 2016 some online friends wanted to do some purposeful planning. I volunteered to lead the group not really sure what I was going to do except that I wanted to encourage women and challenge them. Together we enjoyed monthly challenges with various things to do.

I loved watching them achieve goals even things that at the beginning of the year they had no idea they would be able to do. I enjoyed creating challenges that would stretch and grow us. I spent time praying for each of them.

As the year was coming to an end, I was thinking about 2018. I wanted to go deeper. I wanted to begin to work on getting to heart issues. I was thinking of how could the Fruit of the Spirit be part of this.

In November I was at a conference and the theme was The Fruitful Life. As I sat and listened,  the outline came together. I was excited. I was nervous talked it over with some friends. I share with Stuart what I was thinking and got excited for what was coming together.

I want to get things done but more than getting things done I want to develop character and that character will help me get things done.

You can choose to merely get things done or you can think beyond the t0-do list to develop character--that character will be with you for longer than just this year.

I scribbled that in my notebook and came back later and saw that someone, Miss K, had written next to it, "this is good." So this has the endorsement of Miss K.

I am looking forward to 2018 and what God is going to do in my own life and how I can help and encourage others.

I will share a bit more details next week.

Are you ready to grow in your relationship with the Lord?

Beth

1 comment:

  1. Count me in, Beth. It has been my heart's desire to grow deeper in my walk with God, especially in the area of attitudes when circumstances are challenging and beyond my control....seems to fit right in with your theme Fruit of the Spirit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...